Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HELP! (Poem on Domestic Violence)

Here is a short poem that I wrote on domestic violence and keeping faith. Please do leave your comments and reviews!

I scream for you, now I am locked
save me, open me, let me crawl out
I am struggling to walk and reach the door
he hit me, beat me, jailed me in
and walked away, as if I never existed.

My hands are cuffed, bruised and bleeding
my eyes are red because of the tears streaming down
help me, save me, and find me a way
to break free and fly away.

Then the sun ray hits my face
I look up and see Him smiling
I hear His voice say, 'I am always there'
and I am healed.

He helped me up, get back back on my feet
to face the world and beat defeat
a face that never smiled has lit up now
a hope has dawned, determination follows.

Even if you hit me, beat me, or kill me now
I will never die, but will be immortal
because with love and happiness,
I can conquer the whole world, and not just you.

No comments: