Sunday, April 21, 2013

If Words Could Define Life

If words could define life,
I would build one up
with the most intricate design.
With delicate patterns defining us,
a life built with love and trust.

But here the truth defines us,
humanity and faith are mere words.
Life moves on with cheat and cruel
this existence is nothing but a duel.

What defines us, what gives us hope
has been gradually lost, and tied us down with a rope.
But I want to picture, I want to draw
I want to write life, like it is raw.

For false hope is all but true
in deep despair with insignificant hue.
But if words could define life,
I would build one up
with the most intricate design.

3 comments:

Taruna Goel said...

This is beautiful Srishti! You certainly have a way with words. Like they say, "Poetry is the best words in the best order."

Snigdha Rai said...

This is why I'm honored to be the first one to read everything you write :)

Srishti said...

Thank you so much Taruna Massi and Sniggy! :D