Monday, November 26, 2012

The Art Of Letting Go

I recently went to watch an amazing movie by the name of 'Life Of Pi'! I am at a loss of words to describe the beauty that a boy in a boat and a tiger created. A magic that was way beyond  human emotion. It touched my heart and defined to me the meaning of surrender. Inspired by the movie, I have written a poem. I hope you like it! 


The world is like diamond,
the magical shade of carbon
The fairy dust sparkled upon us
like we are the wings of God.

There is beauty in words 
that come from the heart
Magic in the wind
is like the blossoming of a flower.

There is truth when you realize
that we are a part of a whole
A part of mystery and creation
A part of love that soars.

We are the nature and the sea
the little birds that fly free
The world is ours, yours and mine
So is love, God's wonderful sign.

I let go, I surrender to you
no regrets, I believe in You
Oh dear God, you are a beauty
It is a true heart that says
You work in mysterious ways. 

God speaks in the silence of the heart,
listening is the beginning of the prayer. 

4 comments:

Taruna Goel said...

Good one Srishti!
Your post and poem reminds me of a quote I read recently...

“Last night I lost the world, and gained the universe.”
― C. JoyBell C.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Srish...We hoard things, hoping they will last forever. In the end it is the faith on the god, belief in self, and surrender that works!

Anonymous said...

Even though I found some of your other posts really frivolous ,this one is really beautiful and touching.

Are you more towards spirituality or religion? Do just say all this or believe?

Srishti said...

I believe in both spirituality and religion. Even though i am born in a Hindu family, I do not discriminate between the religions. I can go to a temple, a church, a gurudwara or a mosque, or any other religious place, but I still pray from the same heart. So, i am towards religion as it helps keep a balance in our lives and helps us channel and form our thoughts. But there is no religion without spirituality and both of them are essential elements in helping us grow! :)